Position: Marine Lead Advisor, Natural England
I am a Marine Lead Advisor in the Sussex and Kent Natural England Area Team and the NE representative on the Sussex IFCA. I have worked for NE in Sussex for 6 years, and prior to that I worked for conservation agencies in Cumbria, Peterborough and Scotland.
Natural England’s Five Year Aims:
1) Well managed nature recovery networks across land, water and sea delivering resilient ecosystems rich in wildlife and character, enjoyed by people and widely benefitting society.
2) People connected to the natural environment for their own and society’s wellbeing, enjoyment and prosperity.
3) Nature based solutions contributing fully to tackling the climate change challenge and wider environmental hazards and threats.
4) Improvements in natural capital underpinning sustainable economic growth, healthy food systems and prospering communities.
5) Evidence and expertise is used by a broad range of partnerships, organisations and communities to achieve nature recovery and enable effective regulation and accreditation.
6) A values-led organisation which delivers excellent service standards to all partners, organisations and communities engaged in achieving nature’s recovery.